Think you're the next big thing since Muddy Waters?
Written by Archive on August 23, 2010
Waiheke Radio in association with the Waiheke Winter Blues Festival is hosting the Blues Talent Competition during this years festival. All you need to do is email your band name, contact details and the title of one blues song you’d like to sing on Sunday the 29th of August at the Woolshed, on Waiheke Island to Del at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll give you the opportunity of impressing the audience with your skills.
The winner of the emerging talent gets a Music Video Produced By Let Me Out Ltd and uploaded onto YouTube.
Waiheke Radio will also record the event and replay the winning number on the B-Squared Blues Show on Tuesday night. So dust off the old six-string, and tell the devil you’ll meet him next weekend and enter into the comp.
To enter, all you have to do is email us and we’ll let you know if there’s a spot left in the sing off.
- You cannot enter the competition if you’re one of the performers at this year’s festival.
- Let Me Out reserves the right to restrict the time and resources used in the production of the winner’s music video.
- We reserve the right to select which artists and performers are given slots in the competition
- The festival director has the final say in any issue regarding the competition
- The audience at The Woolshed will decide on the winner of the competition
- The competition is open to any emerging artist or group in New Zealand
- The festival will pay for artists to travel by foot ferry to Waiheke Island for the competition
- All other costs inccured by the competitors will be at their own expense and the festival shall not be responsible for any costs inccured by competitors